Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Shrimp Boil Louisiana style!!

I suppose you could say that I have been somewhat of a slacker lately when it comes to blogging. Our summer hasn't been too crazy, but crazy enough to where I have had no time really to get our pictures on the computer and organize them. So finally I was able to sit down and get things done. So keep scrolling down cause there are going to be quite a few posts from our fun summer!!

Since last summer I have wanted to do a shrimp boil. I had it one time when I was younger at a church function and never forgot how yummy and different it was. So for my moms 54th birthday we decided to give it a try. We borrowed a picnic table from my in-laws and covered it with freezer paper. Some of you may be asking what exactly is a shrimp boil? Well first of all it usually consists of crawdads instead of shrimp but because we don't live near where we can get fresh crawdads and also cause they look a little scary we did shrimp instead. So you take all your stuff and cook it in a big pot and when its done you pour it out over your table. It was so good and I can't wait until next summer to do it again!!


Before:
The kiddy table! They were so excited and ate almost everything on their table!!
After:


Happy Birthday Mom!!

No comments: