Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Bear World

While my grandmother and Aunt were here visiting from Arizona we went to Yellowstone's Bear World! We had so much fun I was shocked. I've lived here now for three years and we always pass it on the freeway and I never thought it looked that fun especially for what they charge to get in. But as we entered I realized how wrong I was about this local animal park. As we entered they told us to keep to keep our windows rolled up at all times which was interesting I guess. Of course we did not follow the rules for the first part of the park....

here is the mountain goats. It is a mother and her two babies,one from this year and one from last!

This is the Albino Elk. The mother had something like one in ten million or one million (I forget) chance of having an albino baby!
Here's where we realized we better keep our windows up for sure!! When we entered into the bear part of the park the lady told us not to stop or we would have some hitch hikers for sure so we kept yelling at my grandmother to keep going when she would slow down cause these guys get close! They had 32 bears in there just wandering around. Two grizzlies and 30 black bears!
Payton really wanted this guy! But opted for something smaller.
The baby bears. If you wanted to you could actually feed them but it was expensive so we just watched. They were so cute and really playful! I guess I can kind of understand why people would go up to them lol!!



Payton was being a little stinker and wouldn't take the pic with me so I'm all alone:(
Payton feeding the ducks and fish!

In the petting zoo. They had a pot billy pig and deer and goats. It was pretty neat. Never thought we would ever get to pet deer.

Riding the rides. We were lucky there were no other kids there that day so Payton got to ride the rides all by himself and didn't have to wait in line. The girls were really nice there and just followed him to any ride he wanted to go on at that time.


The Curator Tour!
This was really fun. We all loaded up on the white truck and we each got a tray of food to feed to the animals. This here is the buffalo that they just got a week ago!

These guys were so stinkin cute! The guide lady told us that over the years that these guys figured out that the better the tricks they did the better treats they got so this guy was clapping at us and sitting on his bum!
This was our last stop on the tour and so by this time all the bears were following us.
And lastly the moose. The guide told us that fish and game found him tangled in a fence and so they brought him to Bear World and put him in the petting zoo but then he got bigger than the kids so they put him out near it. She said its funny cause he doesn't realize he's a moose so he likes being near the kids and thats why they put him there!
We had a lot of fun and I think I would recommend for those with families or not to go check it out and you could really make a full day of it!

4 comments:

Natalie said...

How fun! I can't tell you how many times I've driven past there, but have yet to go. The pictures actually give me a little more incentive now that I have kiddies and know that there's so much more to the park then I thought!

While I was going to Ricks, one of the gals in my apartment complex worked at Bear World and was taking care of a baby bear over the weekend, so she made visits to the other apartments and let us hold the baby bear! It was SO cute and cuddly.
The bear fur was a lot more coarse than I thought it would be, but I loved his little round ears. He was a cuddle bug too, so he had a lot of fun just sitting in our laps. Maybe he was one of the bears following you! Actually, he'd be quite a grown up bear now because that was in 2000, so he'd be over 8 years old now (wow, that was a long time ago that I was in college...I'm getting old!)

Rebecca said...

Okay so I've lived in Rigby all my life and have never been to the museum or bear world, maybe I should reconsider! It's good to know that you had fun! It looks like alot of fun! Miss you

Unknown said...

It looks like you had so much fun. My kids have been for field trips and keeps telling me I need to go. I just might consider it.

Unknown said...

Ummmm I am digging the blog because this way I actually get pictures.