Wednesday, September 10, 2008

You've got to spend money to save money,

...so this morning Natalie was great and invited me to go with this group of people (one of them being Kimber) to go super early-super saving grocery shopping at Albertsons!! I got up at like 4:45 am and we got to the store about 5:30ish. I couldn't believe it, first of all there was quite a group of people there already and they were like sprinting down the aisles, it was kind of crazy!! I am not a morning person at all but after somewhat figuring out how the whole coupon process works I actually did really good, at least for my first time. Everyone was really helpful and patient which made things a little easier also. I would like to continue going and hopefully I will be able to get the hang of things to where I can just fly threw the store and get what I need. We didn't get done until like 7:30 and I barely made it home in time for Sam to go to work (SORRY BABE). Although I don't think he was upset after I told him how much I saved going this morning. I probably could have a done a little better but everyone said it was pretty good for my first time so that was good for the ego! So do you want to know how much I saved????


I spent $50 and SAVED $170!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Crazy huh? Thanks Kimber and Natalie! I actually had a lot of fun even though it was super early in the morning but it was totally worth it. And you know what some of the girls that kind of started this I guess is doing a class and teaching newbees like me how to do it and be good at it so I might do it! If anyones interested and don't know Kimber and Natalie I can give you their number although I warn you it sounds as if their class is filling up so you might be put on a waiting list.

All in all it was a great experience and I kind of can't wait to do it again next week and see what kind of great deals there will be!

2 comments:

Natalie said...

I'm so glad that you had fun! Collette signed up for the class and I think there are only 1 or 2 slots still available, but I think that's the best thing you can do for yourself (especially if you want to cut back on time for Sam's benefit and eliminating "oops!" mistakes that rattle your brain later).

Next week is going to be REALLY good (according to Kimber) with a Campbell's soup promo. Wahoo!

KT said...

Dude, this week it will be chocolate chips for $.70 each and lots of other great baking deals! Woot!