Thursday, December 4, 2008

Lets all read the Book of Mormon!


As you all may already know our economy is not what it was and with our city bills going up and Christmas around the corner, maybe it would be a good idea to put a little faith into this mix of debt and stress. I don't know about any of you but I find it very difficult to sit down and read The Book of Mormon as I should be doing. I know I should and sometimes when I'm reading something else I'll even think I should read my scriptures but then I go back to my book and get pulled into the characters lives and forget of anything else.

Therefore I wanted to start some kind of Book Of Mormon club or competition even. Whatever helps us to to get it done. And if you don't fall into the catagory of haveing a hard time reading The Book Of Mormon then you could either just do it with us for fun or not, there's absolutely no pressure. Melissa and I were talking about it earlier that we should do something cause if other people are involved then maybe we'll do it. It's like trying to loose weight. You do it in a group cause then you're held accountable!

We were thinking of starting out small. So starting Sunday you can start with either reading a verse to a page a day, seven days a week. Of course if you want to do more you can. We're starting small cause if we do too much we'll get discouraged and not finish. Also it gives you time to take in and pray about what you've read.

I hope that at least some of you will do this with us. There is no pressure and if you did want to make it a compition let me know and maybe we can come up with some kind of prize or something!!

Leave me a comment if you want to do this with us.

5 comments:

The Duckers said...

This is will be so good for me. I think instead of a competition, once we've all finished we should go out to dinner or something fun like that as a group. It will feel nice to have accomplished something with the support of a group. Thanks for making the post! :o)

Unknown said...

I'm in. What a great idea!

Kate said...

Oh Girl!! You know I'm a sucker for competition. Not that we have to do it that way but I'm too.

Natalie said...

What a great idea!

I'm in, though is it all right if we count reading the Jr. Book of Mormon too? As a bed-time story, you know. Not everyday, but on those days that scripture reading would otherwise be put on the backburner.

Can we also skip around?

Am I heavy in the modifications or what?! I'm still in, no matter what!

The Duckers said...

Have you been doing this? I've forgotten EVERYday. Oops! You should text me when you sit down to do it. Nice little reminder, ya know?