Thursday, December 11, 2008

Oh Christmas Tree...


First off we would like to thank my brother and sister in law for going out and cutting down our Charlie Brown Christmas Tree! This year instead of going to the tree lot like we've done in the past we opted for the less expensive route and got our tree from the wild!!! Isn't it great? It's definitely different. I tried to get both kids in the picture but Payton wouldn't stay put and since Parker isn't walking yet she had no choice but to be in the picture. We were going to decorate it as a family for family night but that ended up not working out and so I did it alone, which is ok cause when it comes to stuff like this I have a little ocd and want it done my way. All in all it was fun and I can't wait to celebrate this Christmas with my family!!

5 comments:

Natalie said...

You're SO smart decorating it yourself (read my post "Tree Trimmin'" to see what happens when you try to make it an FHE activity).

I think it looks adorable! How many strands of lights did you use? I don't think I can ever have enough, and I used 5.

Brittany said...

It looks lovely! I love going out to cut our own - it's so much more romantic!

The Duckers said...

I *LOVE* your charlie brown tree! and how nice is it that is was so cheap...especially since you're leaving town for Christmas!

Tiffany said...

Looks like you had fun doing it. Hope you guys have a great holiday season.

Unknown said...

The tree looks good. That is one tough thing about getting your own tree, there are many out there and trying to find the perfect one is impossible. I hope you like your charlie brown tree. On our tree, there are no branches on one whole side. :D